06 February 2012

These Beautiful Days



It has been simply gorgeous weather here these last few days, beautiful sunshine, and warm enough to venture outside without big, puffy coats. At least for a little while.




(I just can't just enough of the chickens lovely eggs, it's probably lucky I don't take a picture of them every day.) It was so nice to sit out in the sun and watch the girls cook away in their mud pie kitchen, I miss the ability to do so so much in the Winter.


While enjoying the fair weather, though, I can't help but wonder, and worry a bit. I don't remember any Winter as mild as this one has been. I still feel like we're working our way into the season, like it hasn't actually hit yet. Shouldn't it still look like this? (Last week.)


Aside from playing outside as much as possible, I've decided to attempt crochet again. My Mum taught me when I was young how to make chains, and a basic stitch, and... I have never made it any farther than that. I am starting out by reacquainting myself with what I already know, which is pretty much a simple scarf, and nothing more. I hope to move on from there, and figure out how to look at a pattern without it looking like an entirely different language. I began with a little blue scarf for Katalin, but when Kaia saw it, she wanted to know if I would make her one. For her Birthday. Which is in a couple days.


I quickly put Katalin's scarf on stand-by, and began working on one for Kaia, getting in a row or two whenever she is not looking. I'm using up the Bernat Mosaic Yarn - Psychedelic I used on Kaia's unicorn tail. I've gotten midway through, only to rip the whole thing out, so many times now that I've lost count. Eventually it became obvious that she would get either an imperfect scarf, or no scarf at all. Now I am just trying to do my best and roll with it. Wish me luck, please!


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous rainbow! And good luck with your crocheting - I'd love to learn, it's on the to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous pictures, thanks for sharing.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ilove the colours in the scarf! Beautiful!

    I've been wondering the same thing about winter. It wouldn't surprise me if we got snow in June!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove that yarn! A friend of my left me a loom to make a scarf when she went to France and I found it to be so much easier (if not the most original way) to make a scarf. I'm a big cheat, so what? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! I did get her scarf finished (barely) in time. I love that rainbow yarn, too.

    A loom is not cheating, just a different way of doing it, go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I adore feedback! <3